Wireline lifting frames and surface test trees are two crucial tools used during in offshore drilling operations. But what do these tools do, what are some of their benefits and what do they have in common?
Let's find out.
- What are wireline lifting frames?
- What are the benefits of wireline lifting frames?
- What are Surface Test Trees?
- What are the benefits of surface test trees frames?
- What do wireline lifting frames and surface test trees have in common?
What are wireline lifting frames?
Offshore wireline lift frames are specially designed for use in offshore applications, such as oil and gas drilling operations. They are typically larger and more robust than their counterparts used on land, due to the harsher environment they must operate in.
Benefits of using the right lifting frames include
- These heavy-weight rig tools can be used in completions and recompilations, work-overs and P&A campaigns to reduce costs and improve safety.
- Wireline lifting frames may be designed to save time by shaving minutes and seconds throughout the lifting process; save time by using the e-frame and for E-line and slick line operations; and increase safety.
- The lift frames may feature attached safety pins and a basket that encases smaller parts and other moveable objects to prevent items falling to the rig floor from high above.
PowerWire 520 and 770 ton Wireline Lift Frame
Designed for ultra-deepwater work, these patent-pending PowerWire 520 ton and PowerWire 770 ton wireline lift frames are:
- DNV and ABS approved, Class 1 Division 1 and D.V.2 compliant
- Dropped-object tested and certified
- Used in completions and recompilations, work-overs, and P&A campaigns
- Composed of attached safety pins and a basket that encases smaller parts and other moveable objects to prevent items falling to the rig floor from high above
In addition, the PowerWire wireline lift frames:
- Include hoists that can easily and quickly lift 10,000 pounds or more and is electric line and slick line compatible
- Offer greater control over speed than a coiled tubing lift frame via a compact control stand located on the rig floor with the option to have two e-frames
What are Surface Test Trees?
The surface test tree, commonly known as Flowhead, is directly on top of the well and is the first component of equipment that fluid from the well passes through. Its major purpose is to regulate the flow of water into and out of the well.
Benefits of using the right surface test tres include
- They provide a means of controlling the well during drilling, testing, and completion operations.
- They can be used to monitor and record data pertaining to the well, such as pressure, temperature, and flow rate.
- They can be used to inject chemicals into the well for various purposes, such as stimulating the formation or preventing scale buildup.
- They can be used to isolate portions of the well for testing or repair.
- They can be used as a safety device to shut off the flow of fluid from the well in the event of an emergency.
PowerXFlow 500 and 750 ton Surface Test Trees
Superior Performance Inc. is extending its Power Products line to include the PowerXFlow 500 ton Surface Test Tree and the PowerXFlow 750 ton Surface Test Tree.
This power product line is designed for ultra deepwater work and to deliver superior strength and quality you expect from a Superior Performance product:
- The PowerXFlow is your tool for subsea completions, workovers and P&A campaigns
- The PowerXFlow 500 and 750 ton Surface Test Trees are load tested to 800,000 pounds with 10,000 psi. Axial load 1 million pounds and feature a 10' 3/4" lift-sub with 7 '1/16" 10k flange
- They are designed for non-flowback operations, as well as easy, quick and safe rig up. They are also versatile, easy to handle and transport, and dropped-objects tested and certified
What do wireline lifting frames and surface test trees have in common?
Both wireline lifting frames and surface test trees are used in offshore drilling operations. They are both designed to withstand the harsh conditions of the offshore environment. Additionally, they both serve important functions in the drilling process.
Wireline lifting frames are used to hoist or move heavy objects, while surface test trees are used to regulate the flow of water into and out of the well.
Power equipment for ultradeep water work
Superior Performance provides the best quality rental tools to the oil and gas industry, promising to meet or exceed customer expectations, and because of the extensive knowledge and experience of the Superior Performance staff, we are able to provide power equipment that delivers accuracy, quality, and efficiency.
Superior Performance's patent-pending PowerWire and PowerXFlow power equipment are designed to deliver superior strength and the quality you expect from a Superior Performance product.
DNV and ABS approved, dropped-objects tested and certified, and easily transportable, this equipment will save you time and money while providing precision, accuracy, and strength.
We Can Help
Let us help you with service and getting you the right power equipment for the job.
We go above and beyond to provide the highest level of service, and we are committed to helping you find the right tool.
Contact us for more information on our products and services.